Rules and Eligibility
Rules of the Awards
- The Selection Committee of the ERNEST C. MANNING AWARDS FOUNDATION (the "Foundation" and/or "The Manning Innovation Awards") shall consider all qualifying nominations and material submitted with or in support thereof.
- Material submitted with or in support of any qualifying nomination shall be received on the condition that:
- The Foundation shall not return such material or any portion thereof to the nominee or the nominators.
- The Foundation may make such disclosure of the names of nominees and their nominators and of the innovation disclosed in such material as the Foundation considers appropriate.
- In the case of Award winning nominees, the Foundation may also utilize photos, award videos and additional information as it deems appropriate (e.g. for press releases, advertisements, website).
- No claim shall be made and no action shall be brought against the Foundation, its Trustees, Directors, Officers, employees or members of the Selection Committee arising out of the use made of such material or of any such disclosure.
- The nominee warrants that disclosure of material submitted with, or in support of, his/her nomination does not breach the terms of any contract of employment or any other contract, and that he/she is entitled to make use of the material.
- At the discretion of the Selection Committee, nominations made in any year may be carried forward to following years.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final. If in the opinion of the Selection Committee there are no nominees considered suitable during a given year, no Awards shall be given.
- A maximum of three individuals may be included in any one nomination.
- Each nominee and nominators must sign the prescribed Nomination Form which will constitute his/her agreement to be bound by the Rules of the Awards.
Eligibility — Qualified nominees must be Canadian citizens resident in Canada. Innovations may be in any area of human endeavour. The Manning Innovation Awards are made for current, successful, specific innovations. Submissions which focus on lifetime achievement, multiple projects, or innovative work not yet proven in the intended marketplace, WILL NOT be accepted for evaluation.
Re-nomination — A nominee(s) may reapply for an Award in a subsequent year provided a new nomination form and supporting information are submitted, along with an updated summary. A submission of two consecutive and three times total will be considered unless the Selection Committee requests otherwise.
Nomination Procedures — Candidates must be nominated by two legally competent persons not family related to the nominee. The nominators and the nominee must complete and sign the Awards Nomination Form, acknowledging that they agree to be bound by the Rules of the Awards as defined in the Nomination Information on this website.
Confidentiality — Nominations are often sent to outside experts for assessment. While the evaluators are asked to keep their findings in confidence, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE CONFIDENTIALITY. Therefore, if this is of concern to you, please wait until your invention is protected by a patent before entering the competition.
Required Supporting Information — Please see Required Information for a checklist of the information required with each nomination. Your nomination will not be considered complete unless ALL of the requirements have been met.